Jul 27, 2013

D131: Saturdelights - not a particularly crafty post...

Today didn't start out that well. Well, actually, it was a glorious morning, weather wise, but my plans were thwarted early on.

I've not been feeling strong enough, or 'back together' enough to go back to the exercise I did before becoming pregnant.  Jaunty swing dancing and bouncy running just feel beyond my ankles and strength right now. There's this phenomenon that occurs for some people after pregnancy: weak wrists. It's gotten me good and I think it happens to the ankles too. Every time I try to break into a jog I just marionette into the ground.  I was thinking Pilates might be a good option.  I've done it before and it's challenging enough, but after talking with my osteopath I'm flummoxed as to why I hadn't yet properly considered his suggestion of yoga.  Yoga!  I can do yoga!

So an online search said there are yoga classes at a joint nearby.  Within walking distance.  On a Saturday morning! This Saturday morning!  IT WAS A SIGN PEOPLE.

I arrived to a locked door.  I was that person peering into a clearly dark, empty and closed business, checking for another entrance, reading all the posters about Wednesday night's class but seeing no sign of the Saturday class their Facebook page promised.  And then, as I texted hub to see if he'd mind me taking a second brekky, the instructor turned up to let someone in and explained how there had been signs announcing the cancelled Saturday classes.  Hmmm, not on the online places though.  In good form, she offed me a freebie class for Wednesday.  I'm yet to decide...

So I went to the new cafe a few doors up.  By pure coincidence, I took the table the yoga instructor and her friends abandoned (too small) and felt only slightly awkward about her being across a small room.  I enjoyed a very good coffee with an almost perfect French toast and had a good uninterrupted think about the opinions of The Age readers and editors.  Silver lining win thanks to small pleasures.

And the day continued on that curve...
Some warm sun, finally...

...post-pool fuzz...

...good quality ingredients - juicy sultanas and apricots.

Mmmm, buttery sweetness. Or sweet buttery butter. Ghhhhh....

Cookies!

And a good long-tail cast-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment