Jan 27, 2013

Day 21: OMG TEACAKE!

With teacake I've always thought of store bought tea cakes - rather heavy, dense, dull - and I'm not sure I remember having any other. They're not bad, really, with their creamy, thick lemony icing, but not dazzling either.

This one is from CTAW and I've used a variation of the Cinnamon Teacake. You sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top before baking, and I've added a layer in the middle as well. Inspired, I know. Who knows how that will go but surely it won't suck, right?

The other variation is the actual topping. Someone gave us jar of burnt orange and cinnamon sugar for Christmas. I took it as a sign.

If it tastes half as good as it smells, I'll have to get a serving plate that actually fits.

1 comment:

  1. It totally tasted as good as it smelled. Now I'm excited about teacake. So much reward for such an easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete