Jan 29, 2014

D233&4: Dark teal and grey

I've made the dark teal strip by sewing it in blocks of four, and then sewing them side by side.


It took a long time, but it was more accurate than my first strip.

I wanted to try again with the previous way, which was making a top strip and then a bottom strip and joining them in the middle.  It's a much quicker way to piece and I can order the HSTs before I start.  

My machine needs a service and it's main glitch is feeding the to layer faster than the bottom.  So pinning, to counter this problem, and some slight stretching, to ensure the squareness, seems the order of the day.  This third strip, with a faster, more efficient method and careful matching has made a strip with a good accuracy rate.


Onward to yellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment